Wednesday, September 21, 2016

It's a sickness!!!

Yes, it's true. I have it and it's a HUGE problem. I can't help it. My problem is a big ol' stash of JUNK!! It's dusty, chippy, rusty, and always ends up going home with me. My dad would say... "It's a sickness".. and he would be right. My husband, thankfully, shares my affinity for the cast offs that sit sadly on the sidewalk during bulk pick up season, or on a shelf at a thrift store or in a junk shop. He loves going junkin', but he can walk away from it much more easily than I will. My weakness is not furniture, thank goodness. It's small stuff, like beaded clutches, china bowls and cups, vintage jewelry.. and not so small things, like depression glass and lamps. The larger pieces of my glass collection was sold a few years ago, so no, you will not see me on an episode of Hoarders, at least not anytime soon.

Those of you that have seen my jewelry booth at shows around the Great State of Texas (yes that is our state's official name) have probably noticed the lack of commercially produced jewelry displays. Yes, I have the trays and a handful of neck-forms. I also have an "eclectic mix" (that is code for random goodness) of display items, ranging from coffee cup trees turned t-stands for bracelets, a room divider turned necklace display, cigar box risers, and even a re-purposed $2 table lamp.



Yes. That my friends, was a white $2 table lamp from a thrift store, once upon a time. It actually looked like this... (the white one in the background) when I found it.


The coffee cup tree is being used for bracelets, the frame will be a sign holder. The other lamps will get stripped, hand painted, and rewired for home use. Not to worry, though. It won't be the only lamp turned jewelry stand. I've got more lamp bases and a couple more lamps that I plan on re-purposing. It really is a sickness and I hope there is no cure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment